44kms · 44 mins by car · 90 mins by public transport
3,497 population (2016 Census)
Glenorie is located approximately 44km north-west of Sydney.
Glenorie was originally known as North Dural. In April 1894 local residents offered the Colony's Postmaster General two names: Hazeldene and Glenorie. The name Glenorie was accepted because it had the support of the local progress association. Glenorie was named after a town in Scotland. Glenorie has a rural charm however it is close to the major suburbs of Castle Hill and Hornsby which both offer all the necessary services.
Glenorie RSL Club is located in the beautiful rural outskirts North West of Sydney, just off the Old Northern Road (on the Tourist Drive to Wiseman's Ferry). Glenorie RSL Club is a small community club with a great atmosphere!
Glenorie is also home to Hill Side Public School established in 1926. The local secondary school is Galston High School.