64kms · 59 mins by car · 101 mins by public transport
2,828 population (2016 Census)
Next Village:Freemans Reach
Glossodia is located approximately 64 kilometres northwest of Sydney.
Glossodia was formerly known as "Currency Creek" and its name was changed in 1922. Glossodia was named after a flower, a small genus of mostly purple orchids from Australia, which grow in the area.
Glossodia is home to Glossodia Public School and also provides a day care centre, shops, and soccer fields, all within walking distance of the school.