Guinness World Record Attempt and Dolly’s Dream Fundraiser Event
Organiser, Kylie King, a Creative Memories Independent Advisor said, "Creative Memories sells scrapbooking, cardmaking and papercraft supplies. My business concentrates on encouraging people to not only take photos and be present in them but also to motivate them to print them off their phones and digital devices and place them into albums so that the photos can be shared with their friends, family members and future generations for many years to come. I currently hold workshops in the Blue Mountains area to show people how easy it is to complete an album to preserve their precious memories.
"I wanted to fundraise for Dolly's Dream after seeing it featured in the media at the beginning of 2018. This organisation really resonated with me as I had experienced bullying during my time at school and admire that from an absolute tragedy, Dolly’s parents have established this charity to act as a voice for change for those who cannot speak for themselves. I personally have used scrapbooking and journalling as a coping mechanism to deal with situations so believe the two would go together."
If you are unaware of Dolly’s Dream, their mission is to:
- Raise awareness in communities, children and parents about the serious issue of bullying and its devastating effects.
- Working to prevent and address bullying and cyber bullying issues in the community.
- Delivering information on ways to mitigate bullying, including cyber bullying, within school communities and to those in need.
- Changing cultures in the community to prevent bullying and supporting victims of bullying.
"The Guinness Record we are striving for is “The largest number of participants in a Scrapbooking Class” and has only been attempted earlier this year in the US but was unsuccessful. We need 250 participants to create this record as it currently does not exist."
The event will be held on what is known in the scrapbooking community as National Scrapbook Day. All event attendees will receive a scrapbooking kit that will form the basis of the lesson that Guinness World Record’s requires.
"Donations and support is already flooding in from NSW and Sydney businesses to ensure participants at the event are enticed to raise the maximum amount of funds possible for Dolly’s Dream. This includes support from direct selling company Creative Memories, of which I am an Independent Advisor," Kylie said.
What's included in the Ticket?
- An exclusive spot to attempt a Guinness World Record
- Donation directly to Dolly's Dream
- $25 worth of products to use for the record attempt that are yours to keep
- Tea, coffee and morning tea provided
- A goodie bag for attending
- Participate in games and activities on the day
Upstanders Unite Against Bullying
Saturday 4th May 2019
Penrith Panthers Leagues Club, 23 Mulgoa Rd, Penrith NSW
- $80.12 per person
The Fly into July challenge is designed to encourage people of all abilities...
RSPCA is calling on animal lovers to bake a change in the fight agains...
A complete reset of Australia’s tourism industry is necessary to ensur...
The ancient practice of yoga could provide a sustainable exercise alternative...
The impact of drought and bushfires swiftly followed by the Coronaviru...
Yanada As we come out of isolation we can now announce small non contact retreats, holiday options and new experiences.